Ibiza.... just one dance

"oops did I wake you up?"

On hearing his husky voice , she had to have a look at her wrist watch , exactly 10 am, meaning 7 am in Madrid. Was he still sleeping? She wondered.

But hearing his spanish murmurs, she could figure out he was somnolent.

"Mi amor, didn't we say good bye a few hours ago? "

For a moment Mawra was stunned, on one hand she was wondering about his unfathomable whispers while at the other his hoarse voice was taking her senses away. She didn't know before, a sleepy manly voice could be magical.

"A few hours ago? In fact I am calling you after a few days , I'm sorry to have disturbed your sleep. Ill speak to you laters." she said politely, still feeling guilty of having him wakened up.

"Oh , i am sorry , who is this? " he was coming out of his sleepiness after all

"Mawra Suhail"

"Oh dear, that's You, I thought.... forget it, is everything alright at your end Mawra? you don't usually call up at this hour."

"There is a long break before my next class and I haven't spoken to you for sometime so I thought to give you a call" she smiled.

"Great. and thank you for waking me up or else I would have missed my important meeting. Mondays are always difficult to get up you know" he was now sitting with his back resting against the headrest of his bed.

"Where is Maria? Can't she wake you up if you are late to work"

"She will never do that, when she already knows how late I slept. She is like a caring mother who cares for her child's sleep more than anything else " his smiled

"Why did you sleep late?" ,this was unintended.

 I should not ask such questions, she warned herself, and deep down her heart, she wanted to find out who he said goodbye a few hours ago.

"I was visiting Ibiza"  he lighted his smoke. "Spent my weekend there, and we returned quite late."

She did not dare to ask "We". Instead she said "Ibiza"

"A group of islands near Valencia, where one could reach through a ferry or may take a flight too. A small piece of heaven on earth. When You visit Madrid, Ill take you and your family there too"  He said affectionately.

"I am not sure if we are coming over"

"I have spoken to Suhail already mi querida , You get done with your exam and start preparing for your tour de Spain" and for Mawra Suhail , these were the best words she wanted to hear that morning.

"I got to run now Mawra, lets speak some other time. Thanks again for your call. " hurriedly he said, already wearing his slippers and going towards washroom.

"When can I call You again? "

"Anytime you wish to, making sure you are not missing out on your studies. Now go back to your class and have a good day amiga"

With that he was gone.

But for many days to come, she could not forget the magic of his sleepy husky voice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ڈر لگتا ہے

Forbidden