Mustansar Hussain Tarar . (A gesture of gratitude on 75th birthday)

I had to rush. Time was rushing too. It was a lovely February morning in Karachi, Pakistan. The smooth chilled breeze at the sea shore was refreshing to the core. The lush green lawn of this elegant hotel located by the sea was filled with people of diversification. I reached at the edge of the small flight of stairs that was leading to the vast expense of lawn. Sheema kirmani was performing on the stage and the echoes of the shadow were visible on the larger than life screen. I looked for him. But that was absurd. It was impossible to find anyone in this crowd. So I decided the next best thing. I moved towards the hall specified for his session. Room 007. There wasn't anyone there yet except for a cute couple (later found out to be his dedicated fans and my newly acquired friends). I selected the best seat with the best view of the stage. And silently, began waiting.

Slowly the crowd moved in and the hall was full in no time. My pulse ran higher and I began to have palpitations. I waited for this moment for almost an year. And there he was gracefully entering the hall moving towards the stage. The session began and so did the rain reflecting through the large glass windows. The one hour session ended in no time and suddenly people gathered around him and he was being led outside. The rain was falling heavily now and in my efforts to reach him, there were many hindrances, the rain, the crowd, the media people and many cameras. I still remember how assertively I asked him that I needed his time. One year of anticipation and waiting had brought me standing in front of him. I could not have missed this chance then.

This was my first meeting with Mustansar Hussain Tarar in 2013. The rest is a long story. March 2014 marked his 75th birthday. Fortunate are we as a nation to have him around. Someone who has truly made this country proud by representing its very positive aspects. A humble, gentle and very kind person. He denies gracefully that the love showers by his fans are more than he deserves. Just to let him know, he deserves much more. The bond that a reader binds with the writer of his favorite book is immense and indiscernible. Yet he is the author of countless such books. Here the bond itself is indiscernible in my opinion.

My prayers for him to remain around us for the years to come. May our children grow up reading his books, seeing him around and may he always be blessed with perfect health , happiness and love. Aameen.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ڈر لگتا ہے

Forbidden