Rumi and I

I wonder if we pass through time again or our souls wander through this universe even before we exist. This is also amazing that through the passage of centuries some feelings survive and never change. The times we are going though had already been faced by others in a completely different era.

I was going through Rumi's poetry and found him expressing what I still could not have. I saw what he went through ages ago, and yet through his words I could feel his feelings. Truly his words are more emphatic. This is the connection I have with Rumi even if we are ages apart.

If I'd known how savage Love is
I'd have blocked the door of Love's house
Beaten a drum, shouted 'keep away!'
But I'm in the house.... helpless......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ڈر لگتا ہے

Forbidden