Takiyah Tarar Khi Feb 2017

Anticipation can take you to heights and lows. That I knew already and yet still it is an altogether different feelings each time. In early January with the beginning of 2017 I received a text from M.Atif Farid that I should be ready to organise yet another event in early February during Karachi
Literature Festival dates. Since it was strongly expected that Sir Tarar would be in town during those dates. As usual I was on a tight schedule. 18th January was the date for an important conference presentation and I had no time to work on this task. The day this conference was over , Atif bhai reminded me to lead the event which was in pipeline since December. From 19th January to 12th Feb was a short duration to arrange everything. But there was no chance of denying and running away. A person like myself who always is happy in functioning from behind the scenes, was supposed to be quite uncomfortable coming to the front and lead. In all previous events I kept a low profile. But since 2013 when we had our first Karachi meet up, it took him 4 years to bring me to front lines. And only he can do that trust me.
With help of Apa Tahmina Sabir and of course Atif Farid we gathered up initially those who wanted to help us organise the event. New and old friends together. Then this mutual decision was finalised to invite guests instead of regular attendance system since those selected in November couldn't have a chance to meet sir Tarar in person. We began to invite them in.  Faryal Usman Khan, Hajra Rehan, affifa , samina Tariq, sobia Abbas could not make it. Lubna Tahir helped me a lot with her practical suggestions. I was constantly in touch with Sir Tarar, discussing KLF program, his sessions and the event date. Finally his flight schedule arrived and we were sure of his presence in Karachi.
On fb we had our secret group ready with enthusiastic fans of sir deciding venue, menu and what not. Finally after selecting and rejecting multiple clubs and restaurants, we managed to visit Hamdard university city campus as our event venue, where dear qanita imtiaz was an amployee and Mr. Anas Naseem Siddiqui , the deputy director promised to help us with all arrangements. The decision was made and arrangements were finally all decided.
For souvenirs dr Muhammad Waqas was a great help to me. We wanted to present something memorable to our guests. Apa Tahmina sabir secretively decided to order a cake for sir Tarar pre bday celebration. Sea food was on top of the menu list since it was our cheif guests favourite dish. Yet we managed to arrange biryani, Haleem, chicken karhai, chicken makhani, two sort of fish and rabri.

We wanted to use this platform for an awareness campaign regarding environmental pollution in northern Pakistan, which was the finalised theme of this event as suggested by Tahmina Sabir. Majid Hussain was assigned a pictorial presentation in this regard. Muzamila. And Shah jee were supposed to share their experience of north verbally. Rest of the guests were to read excerpts from sir Tarar books. I planned to make a small presentation on Karachi events in past and the takiyahs that have been conducted so far.
 Although I spent a whole day with MHT just before the event, attending sessions with him at KLF and seeing him surrounded by his fans from all over the city. He looked much fresh than the previous year MashaAllah. Everything was fine and Yet it was the anticipation which was bothering me. Sunday early morning, kamran Salem from Sialkot who was staying with sir , texted about sir being unwell. This was enough to build up my stress level. Being doctor is not easy and specially if it's anything about our dear ones. When Sir Tarar is in my city I feel my responsibility of taking care for him increases many folds. I expected that the event would be cancelled but he only asked for a delay of one hour. He is gracious and kind and specially to Readers world fellows.

So the show went as planned even much better because of sir Tarar presence. we learned a lot in his company. I humbly requested sobia and Usman to help sir buy the medicine I prescribed for sir on their way back to hotel. The last thing he said to me while we were seeing him off was,  I feel much better Nazish after this event. And this was the success. The end of anticipation in a rapturous achievement.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ڈر لگتا ہے

Forbidden