Just one dance- The missing link

"So quiet?" , as if she could hear him whispering.
 
The night was exceptionally quiet at this beach side restaurant, although there were many families around.There was no moon, just a few twinkling stars here and there in the sky.The waves of the summer sea were surging higher, coming and pushing against the rocky boundary underlying this famous beach restaurant. There wasn't much brightness, just enough light to recognize people nearby, and Maawra was happy as it matched perfectly to her gloomy mood.
 
And even though she was alone standing by the wooden railing , looking over the vast expense of sea, she knew sub consciously that he was somewhere there, somewhere near her, hovering over her presence with his exceptionally tall stature,looking and observing, as if knowing exactly whats going inside her mind.
 
"So quiet?" , She could hear him again.
Probably she wasn't imagining him , probably he was really there, next to her.
 
She turned to her right and caught him observing her.
 
"The beach makes me quiet." She said in a tone that was strange even to herself.
"Or is it something else you don't want to share?" His voice was so smooth, for an instant she felt like opening up and tell him the whole messy thing.
"It isn't the bubbly giggly Maawra, whom I knew as my little friend". He said smilingly.
"your friend? " She added rather sarcastically.
"of course, my dear friend. I am sorry for leaving abruptly the other night Maawra, I have a feeling it bothered You."
"Why asking then, if you already knew the reason." she said sharply.
"That call was important", patiently he replied.
"And that coffee wasn't?". She asked accusingly.
"It was the most amazing coffee I ever had" he smiled as he winked at her. Maawra could not stop herself from smiling
"What an exaggeration!" she complained with a lighter tone this time.
"It isn't".he denied.
 
 She couldn't say much. A silent conversation was prevailing. Only the winds and waves were speaking. 
 
"Its a serene place, I'm glad your dad brought me here tonight, and I enjoyed the food too, some good memories ill take with me as I'm flying back tomorrow." he informed.
"so soon? ".Failing to hide her disappointment, she said.
"I am done with my assignment here and my office in Madrid is waiting for me, my dear. " 
"So I'm never going to see you again, is it? " she voiced her fear.
"Why not? You know where and how to reach me. And I shall be happy to receive You and Your family in Spain next summer for a visit that your dad has just agreed to." 
"Really?" She exclaimed happily. "Where was I when the plan was being finalized? "
"Standing here aloof , thinking of me." teasingly he said.
She could not stop laughing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ڈر لگتا ہے

Forbidden