Just one dance (back to Madrid)


The forty five minutes drive to home from Barajas airport Madrid could easily take longer than an hour on this bustling , rushing evening which is so usual for spaniards living in Madrid. Hailing a cab to home and am already checking and replying to emails on my tablet. The working hours are almost finished in the town so there is no use going towards office.


It was a hectic tour to Pakistan and I was constantly on travel across various cities, but the outcome was successful. Suhail and his family was so hospitable they didn't even let me stay at the hotel. just as Im thinking of Suhail I gave him a call that I have safely landed.

This is the difference in East and West.

Here in Madrid nobody cares if I am back home. Wasn't Helen supposed to give me a call if she was not supposed to pick me up from airport? Back in Karachi, bibi jan and suhail instructed me that i need to keep in touch with them constantly.They care,at times they care too much. And I don't know why, but I enjoy being cared this way.

And this brings an unintentional smile to my face.

She cares a bit too much too. Mawra Suhail. She was one of the biggest surprises for me around this trip. I had no intention calling her a friend, but honestly I enjoyed sharing things with her, she makes me feel younger, takes me back in time. what an emotional ride. one that you never expect from western women.

And now where is my western woman? where is Helen Martinez? I still have to sort it out once I am in the peacful vicinity of my home. Hopefully Maria Jose was taking good care of  my home for me in my absence, as she always used to do. She is the only home member who has considered me as her own child.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ڈر لگتا ہے

Forbidden