Love in times of Corona

You were right
I couldn't figure out, then
But now I somehow know
I was running aimlessly
To get hold of unseen
Never in that chaos, though
I forgot your smile or
That twinkle in your eyes when
They turn to hold mine
And your words, your magical words
They kept echoing in my dreams
Your voice, your ethereal voice
Which always stirred the strings of my heart beat
Was there, very much there,
But I had moved ahead
And then the universe decided
To turn me around
To hold my breath
To remember it, from the end
Where there was you
Where there was me
And none in-between
Where your words erupted
For me
Where my poems whispered
For you
Where in the warmth of your arms
The world was forgotten
Where in the secret quarters
We created a private eden
Where in the humm of your heartbeat
My name echoed
Where in the dreams of my nights
Your name shone brighter
I searched for you then like
A lost child in the jungle
I called out your name
Over and over and over
The universe told me
It was meant to be this way
You and I, you and I
And no one else there may.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ڈر لگتا ہے

Forbidden